Monday 20 March 2017

Loch MacToggue






My friend Stewart has produced this fantastic work of model-engineering. I have done  my best to photograph it but I must say these images do not do it full justice. This model is very detailed and very very small! 

I recommend you pay a visit to St Edmund’s Hall, Southwold on April 29th 2017 where you will be able to see this brilliant working model for yourself.
 
Loch MacToggue
 
          "For a complete change (after 4 layouts of assorted gauges inspired by the Southwold Railway) I thought I would try something very different in T Gauge (1:450) as a preface to modelling the 7¼” gauge Blyth Valley Light Railway miniature railway in my proposed 4mm scale working layout of the proposed Southwold Railway Steamworks leisure park in Southwold.
 
           I wanted to use T gauge to create a proper working layout rather than just a quirky talking piece, working in standard gauge for the first time to create an imaginary location; with tunnels,  rough water and lots of trees and water craft in action within a mountainous setting.
 
Despite their Japanese origin the trains don’t look at all out of place, and many people (on seeing it for the first time) say the layout looks just like Scotland. Why the name? It just happens another hobby of mine is doing cryptic crosswords and MacToggue (pronounced ‘McTog’) is an anagram of ‘TGauge.com’ - simple! Visit their site to see the range available. The layout will be exhibited for the first time at St Edmund’s Hall, Southwold on April 29th 2017".

 Stewart Green - March 2017

A full article will appear in the April 2018 issue of the Railway Modeller

No comments:

Post a Comment