Sunday 10 June 2012

Tunisian Sunrise and Sunset

Sunrise over the Chott el Djerid Salt Pan

Sunset over the Sahara Desert



Found these two photographs of the sun which I took some ten years ago on holiday in Tunisia. I thought that I might enter the 'sunset image' in the Astro-photographer of the Year 2012 competition? The photographs also reminded me of a great holiday and the excellent two day trip through southern Tunisia that we enjoyed from our holiday centre in the north. If you haven't visited this country I would strongly recommend it!  Camel riding is also a must do activity. Once you get used to the rolling action of a camel's gait you will never want to go back to a boring old pony. Suffolk is a great place but there are far too few opportunities for 'camel riding' in East Anglia.


No comments:

Post a Comment