Wednesday 10 August 2011

Long-tailed Tits




Due to much DIY and visits from grandchildren the Cabine has remained deserted over the summer months of June and July. Today I have been awaiting oak trims from the sawmill so being unable to complete the staircase refurbishment and with time on my hands, I replaced the burnt out pump in the garden fountain. Once the fountain was tested and up and running I retired to the sitting room for tea. Through the window I watched as a group of long-tailed tits fought off great tits and blue tits to monopolise the peanut feeders. Nice birds and not at all dangerous!
After midnight last night the sky was clear and the stars shone brightly. Jupiter was brilliant in the eastern sky and the Andromeda Galaxy could be seen with the naked eye. In my big binoculars the outer reaches of the spiral were clearly visible over at least a moon's width. Sadly today is overcast with rain on the way. No telescope tonight and poor prospects for the Lowestoft Airshow tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment