Friday 18 May 2012

Huff and Puff

'The Three Pigs' by Pixie Boon aged 5 years
I was much impressed by my grand-daughter's re-interpretation of the children's story the 'The Three Little Pigs'. Clearly Mr Wolf has discovered an alternative and more unusual method for "blowing their house down". Pixie pointed out to her mother that "the gas is going up the pig's noses". That should do it then!

Nice to see that a love of art and a bizarre sense of humour are shared with my grand-children. Its all in the genes Mr. Dawkins!

Southwold Estuary
I found this old water-colour sketch in the Cabine today. I had quite forgotten painting it. It did however, remind me that I hadn't been for lunch at the Harbour Inn for some time and that I should really redress this situation. The Harbour Inn is the little red-roofed building before and to the right of the house with three chimney-stacks shown on the horizon. If you are in Southwold I can highly recommend visiting the Harbour Inn and ordering the "potted shrimps" from their starter menu. Absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment