Friday 3 May 2013

A tulip in sunlight


My digital painting was created in  APS
using a number of photographs and techniques.


In East Anglia the weather has improved and most mornings this week, sunlight has streamed in through our windows.  Spring has finally prevailed over winter!

Today I put aside my telescope and the 'Cabine' took on a distinctly artistic theme.


Tulips are the most sculptural and voluptuous of flowers.  This week, Toot placed tulips in a bowl upon our breakfast table.  Each morning, I ate my yoghurt and watched as the tulip flower heads opened a little bit more.

The sunshine falling upon the flowers worked some mysterious alchemy and turned each petal both translucent and iridescent.

I decided to try and capture the seductive beauty of a single flower caught in a beam of light.


No comments:

Post a Comment