Friday 11 October 2013

Fall or Autumn


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

In autumn, I take the opportunity to tidy up my painting shed and Toot goes foraging  for nuts and berries.  I found a pastel sketch by our friend Rachel and Toot found blackberries, raspberries and sloes.  I tidied up the sketch using Photoshop and Toot made lots of lovely jam and chutney.

I like Autumn and these are a few of my favourite things:

O Autumn, laden with fruit, and stain’d
With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit
Beneath my shady roof; there thou may’st rest,
And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe,
And all the daughters of the year shall dance!
Sing now the lusty song of fruits and flowers.

Credits: Robert Frost and William Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment