Wednesday 6 May 2015

Vallis Alpes


The Alpine Valley- Waxing Moon 26th April 2015 - 127mm Apo Refractor, 3x Televue Barlow and QHY5v planetary camera as taken from our backyard
See also my previous post http://george-artcabinedujardin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-alpine-valley-vallis-alpes.html

Lovely full Moon last night. Very windy here in Oulton Broad, so the Moon appeared to sail between the clouds (relativity and frames of reference are really cool!).  I really like the area of the Moon around the Alpine Valley and with a low sun angle the mountains create enormous shadows that stretch out across the desolate lava plains. Sadly, I was not able to capture the rille that snakes along the floor of the Alpine Valley.  Apparently, imaging this feature is a 'rite of passage' for the best lunar imagers!  I was quite pleased with this effort as it is much better than my previous attempts and who knows, if I keep on trying, one night I may capture the rille!

For more information follow the link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vallis_Alpes

No comments:

Post a Comment