Saturday 3 October 2020

My 'Lock down' Brooklyn Sketchbook. - "Memoirs of a curious butterfly."

 

My 'Brooklyn Sketchbook' 2020 is dedicated to the late Travellin' Madge a very fine and eccentric lady - a one off!


On my 70th Birthday in 2019, my lovely girl Lulu gave me a Brooklyn Sketchbook to complete and send  off to the Big Apple. Little did I know that a virulent virus would require 'Lock down' and provide me with time and opportunity to get the job done! Thank you Lulu for a great present and to all my children, gotten children, grand children, family and friends for quite honestly providing everything in our lives that is good and wonderful. The Brooklyn Sketchbook project is both interesting and sort of bonkers all in one 7x5 inch full colour format. My little book now sits on the shelf of a library of sketchbooks somewhere in Brooklyn. It also includes for the 'Sketchbook' touring the United States in a 3 wheeler vehicle, a journey that 'Travelin' Madge would very much have approved of!

            " Some like to watch the horses go around - I like to make marks"

No comments:

Post a Comment