Friday 12 October 2012

I'm Back


I had a dream last night

A big thank you from me to the NHS team at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. My damaged disc has been removed and my vertebra chipped away to allow my spinal chord a bit more room to send messages to my feet.

The surgery was undertaken on Wednesday afternoon and I am home sitting in our living room, writing this at 19.15 on Friday. All surgery and aftercare completely free thanks to the National Health Service!! A top quality service worth fighting for!!

I no longer have pains in my legs and feel remarkably well. May I also thank our family and friends for their support and well wishes. In particular a very big thank you to Jude and Jon for looking after Toot and a huge thank you to Toot for all her love and care.





I must say morphine is a great help when you are in pain but a bit of a trial when you stop taking it.  Last night, about five hours after I refrained from using the morphine pump, my skin started itching and I had a dream worthy of a Pink Floyd album cover.  I prepared the above sketch based upon my experiences, I must say I prefer Raphael to Hieronymus Bosch (although the latter does make exceedingly fine dish-washing machines).

No comments:

Post a Comment