Friday 20 January 2017

Now you see it - Now you dont!

"Storm at Minsmere with or without us" oils on board + mixed media - George Roberts 1990-2017
I painted this quite big 'oil' of Minsmere back in the nineteen nineties. Although my wife liked it I never did, so it has languished for many a year in our loft. We brought it down a couple of years ago to cover damaged plaster on a wall in our guest bedroom. We are currently decorating our own bedroom so have decamped to the guest bedroom for the duration of the works. Whilst in bed I was looking at the painting and decided that the painting might be improved by the addition of Toot and I strolling down life's path. I decided to try out this hypothesis through the wonders of digital technology. The above image is the result - so what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment