Thursday 31 March 2011

Point House Ridlington




Point House from the road


I have been busy in the Cabine this week painting a picture of Point House. Watercolour is an unforgiving medium and punishes the lazy artist who leaves too long his paints in the box unattended.

This painting is for Jane and Martin to hang in their new home in France, I hope they like it and that it reminds them of Norfolk! I will send it by post as is quite small.

The next challenge in the Cabine will be "Nevsky Prospekt " St Petersburgh - using pastels (a first for the artist). St Petersburgh was a real treat, packed with wonderful Art Nouveau and Moderne Architecture of real quality. The Hermitage Museum was completely overwhelming with fabulous paintings many of which I have never seen,even as prints.

Whilst in Russia, Toot and I developed a taste for Sushi. Toot is preparing Sushi for dinner tonight so I'm quite excited. What a great treat!

This week I had my first training run in preparation for the Southend Half Marathon. Oh dear! how it hurt!
Perhaps I could try something shorter? Still, I do get to dress up in skin-tight Lycra and make an exhibition of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment