Tuesday 5 April 2011

A rainy day in Oulton Broad

The view from our room at the Tromso Radisson Bleu
Looking down from Tromso University
towards the Fjord



Much done today but not a lot in the Cabine.
Today was day one of the Half Marathon Training Plan! Ran two miles in twenty minutes and then spent thirty minutes gasping like a goldfish sans water! Surely this is meant to make me a lean mean running machine not a queasy wheezy arresting geriatric?
Our friends Mike and Stephanie came for lunch and Toot provided: Fish Chowder with Bruschetta, Apple Crumble and Custard, and Cheese and Biscuits with grapes. Very yummy but I might regret the extra weight on my next run which is planned for Thursday.
I gave Mike a glass of Bimbar's Christmas wine, suggesting that he might like to try the "interesting dessert wine" which I had aquired. After he had tasted it I asked him for an opinion. He was much impressed and prefered it to the Muscat we purchased in France last summer!
Anita had one drink only and Stephanie had given up alcohol for Lent, so Mike and I were quite merry by the time coffee made an appearance! 
This afternoon I have returned to preparation of photos for the astrophotography competition. Always nice to finish off the day with a little "Photoshopping".

No comments:

Post a Comment