Thursday 18 August 2016

Perseid Meteor 2016

Meteor streaking past the constellation Cygnus the Swan.. Taken from our backyard with an equatorially mounted Canon 600d DSLR with an Eos 18-55 zoom lens at F5 and f=18mm.
Over a couple of clear nights around the Perseid shower maximum, Toot and I observed quite a number of meteors. Unfortunately I always seemed to have my camera pointed in just the wrong direction. However I did manage to capture this quite bright meteor burning up in the atmosphere just below the constellation Cygnus. Lets hope that I'm more successful with my camera next year.

My SDR radio telescope, the LVST, has been much more successful at catching Perseids. Some of the radar pings I have recorded this year have been of large amplitude and duration.  I shall analyse the data and make my results the subject of a future post.

Whoops found another meteor on images I captured late on the 12th of August.

A Perseid passing Andromeda

No comments:

Post a Comment