Monday 30 April 2012

Small Art in the Big Apple

Two beautiful women awaiting the arrival of a subway train

The weather has suddenly improved and after a weekend away in Southend it was great to have lunch in the sunshine in our garden. Not much action in the Cabine today as I have had to clear a blockage in a down-pipe from the guttering on our house. Luckily the job turned out to be a lot easier than I thought and now any further rain will be adequately collected.  On the way back from Southend Toot and I were surprised at the level of flooding in Essex and Suffolk south of Ipswich.. I suppose we should not have been surprised.  It is usual, if not inevitable, for floods to follow declarations of drought and hose-pipe bans by statutory water authorities.

Will and Rachel have decided to sell their house. In order to create a more minimalist environment and whilst they show prospective buyers around their home, Toot and I are currently providing a temporary gallery for several of their more avant-garde art works . I thought I would make a virtual loan of the painting "The artist's wife ...." to the New York City Transit Authority in thanks for the courteous and efficient service they provided for us when we visited 'The Big Apple' in October last year.

On the gastronomic front, courtesy of Bimbar, and for supper tonight, Toot is having calves liver and I am having smoked haddock. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment