Friday 20 April 2012

Virtual Sculpture

Hydroplane Canada 20011

Whilst eating my boiled egg this morning, it suddenly struck me that by using SketchUp, Photoshop and my now growing photographic archive creatively, I could not only pursue my original career choice of sculptor by designing in virtual 3D but also place my works within a variety of 2D contexts, locations and landscapes. Having spent the afternoon playing around with this idea, I think the above image demonstrates that with more time and effort virtual sculpture has much to recommend it. 3D forms can be created as real solid objects that could be made in real space and time or as unreal or hybrid forms that cannot exist outside of a virtual world.  The scale at which you can work is limitless. Textures, colours and lighting can be varied to suit context. No materials, locations or landscapes are lost, affected, or compromised by an art form that is almost entirely environmentally green.

No comments:

Post a Comment